Question

AARI File

• 23 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to delete or overwrite the file which is uploaded to the AARI Form?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mhazem ,

Please check the process that you have created it.

Checkin the input value in the process task and use the same variable in message box.

once you get the file from uploaded location, you will be able to delete the file using File Package.

Badge +1

Hi @mhazem ,

Please check the process that you have created it.

Checkin the input value in the process task and use the same variable in message box.

once you get the file from uploaded location, you will be able to delete the file using File Package.

Hi Tamil,

i want to delete file from AARI not from my local device

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

So you want to override or delete the file within AARI Form itself. Is correct?

Badge +1

So you want to override or delete the file within AARI Form itself. Is correct?

yes

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please try with below options,

• Use Assign to set one of the following actions:
    • Append: Specified values or variables are added to the selected Dropdown element.
    • Overwrite: Specified values or variables replace the existing data in the selected Dropdown element.
  • Additional Reference - Interactive Forms in A360 | AARI for Desktop

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/forms/select-file-element.html

Please check out the above link in point 9. There is option for reset/delete the element of the form.

i hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @mhazem 

If you are using cloud CR checkout below retention policy, files automatically gets purged in 90 days

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/hbc/aari-storage-properties.html

Retention Policy

The retention policy for files that are uploaded to the cloud storage is as follows:

File will be deleted 90 days after the time of the file upload.

When a request is deleted, the request and the associated file are permanently deleted and not just sent to the recycle bin.