Solved

AAe 360 v.29 on-prem Legacy Loop behavior Setting

• 4 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

Hallo,

after upgrading to v29 I’ve noticed one additional setting in Setting/Bot section:

“Legacy Loop behavior”

Could someone explain what does that option mean and how could this affect existing bots developed in rev. 24 and earlier?

greetings

Michal

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 4 January 2024, 08:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MichalTurek ,

The Legacy Loop behavior is using to iterate the loop based on a particular value.

For bots that were created using the Loop action in Automation 360 v.26 or earlier releases, you can enable the Legacy Loop behavior option from the Administration > Settings to iterate the loop based on the specified value.

In the Legacy Loop behavior tab, click Edit to select one of the following options:

• Enabled: Loop is iterated based on the specified value. When you select this option and either increment or decrement the variable value in the end condition, loop iterations will not vary dynamically based on the new value generated.

• Disabled: Loop iterations will continue to vary dynamically based on the variable value generated in the end condition.

So technically, there won't be any issues to your previous bots's execution.

Badge +8

Thanks @Padmakumar 

so if I leave it Disabled (as Default) there will be no affection to existing bors? Am I right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @Padmakumar 

so if I leave it Disabled (as Default) there will be no affection to existing bors? Am I right?

Unless your logic is not for iterating over a specific value, YES.

Badge +8

Thanks @Padmakumar 

first of all, which Loop type does it refer to?

Becouse there are several Loop type (f.i. Loop for Each Row in Table, List...) but I use more types of Loop in one TaskBot.

When it comes to Loop n times, I mainly use that scenario:

and I don’t manualy increase the vCounter inside the Loop.

So what shuld be the Legacy Loop behavior setting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks @Padmakumar 

first of all, which Loop type does it refer to?

Becouse there are several Loop type (f.i. Loop for Each Row in Table, List...) but I use more types of Loop in one TaskBot.

When it comes to Loop n times, I mainly use that scenario:

and I don’t manualy increase the vCounter inside the Loop.

So what shuld be the Legacy Loop behavior setting?

Basically, it is for Looping N times iteration. When this option is enabled, if a variable in the end condition is incremented or decremented, the number of iterations does not vary dynamically based on the new value.