Skip to main content
Question

A360 How to automatically log out from application when closing window/tab

• 11 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to log out a user from their session when the bot executes the commande Close Window/Tab. I tried with both Actions : Browser Close and Window Close .

Previously in A2019 I was using the command Close Window and it worked perfectly well.

Thanks

Hi @Avrora Keremidchieva​ ,

To logout the target applications, please use the recorder action to click the logout button/icon in the application. after that, you can use the Browser Close and Window Close to close the application.

Please note, once you logout the application the window title will change, so you have to specify the correct window in the close Action.

Thanks!

Hi @Tamil Arasu​ 

Thanks again for your reply. From it I understand that in A360 there is no equivalent of the automatic log out that we used to have in v11 ? that's a pity

Best

The reason you remain logged in is because the cache and cookies remain preserved.

A simple workaround would be to deploy the Automation onto Google Chrome in Incognito Mode.

imageThis way, you can avoid the headache.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

Hi @Ashwin A.K​ 

Thanks for the tip! I will need a bit more guidance though. I opened Chrome in Incognito but how do I navigate afterwards in the tab?

When I use the command Browser , I don't get the Incognito tab as an option, so when I put the link to open, a new non-incognito window opens .

You can pass the URL in as a Parameter to the Open Program/File Action like so:

image-incognito "urlGoesHere"

Rest is taken care of using the Capture Action.

Also, ensure that the Extension is enabled in Incognito, or else the Bot will not be able to interact with the browser.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K

@Ashwin A.K​ Awesome! It works perfect, just a little remark, there is no need to put the single quotation mark around the URL.

Thanks again

Always happy to help!

Its better to contain the URL in quotations because there are times when it didn't work without them. I'm not sure exactly what the issue was, but I always made it a point to place them in between quotation marks from then on.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K