Skip to main content
Question

11.x: I would like to create a ticket when alerted for "Run bot finished unsuccessfully" in Control Room.

• 12 August 2022
  • 1 reply

11.x: I would like to create a ticket when alerted for "Run bot finished unsuccessfully" in Control Room. Has anyone ever done such a thing?

The issue I have is we have multiple developers and as Administrator I do not know how they are coding error handling and such.

But, as Administrator, I receive an email on the failure. If I could somehow create a ticket in our ticketing system it would be great for tracking issues.

Scott

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Scott Banyas​ ,

If the ticketing system you are using has few APIs exposed, then we can create a Child Bot that works with the APIs and runs anytime a bot runs into an error.

All you have to do(or all your devs have to do) is link that child bot to each Parent bot's error handler.

This isn't as straightforward, since you also have to keep in mind that duplicate tickets shouldn't be raised i.e., if an issue occurs today, but a ticket has already been raised for it, then only a reminder has to be sent to the support team.

I've developed something similar in one of my projects, and written about it on the Automation Anywhere's Developer Portal.

I hope it gives you an idea of how you can go about developing a solution like that.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K