Skip to main content
Question

I'm having trouble getting my bot to deploy to my computer. I am trying to open a simple website and cannot get it to deploy.

• 20 January 2022
  • 5 replies

This problem seems to happen intermittently without a rhyme or reason. Sometimes it works on the first try and sometimes it will spin for quite a while. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the desktop app, restarting the AutomationAnywhere service via Task Manager, restarted the computer, created copies and new bots as tests and cannot seem to find a pattern or reason why this will not work. Has anyone has a similar experience and discovered a solution?

Hi @Lauren Schwartz​ ,

Checkout below KB for resolution,

https://apeople.automationanywhere.com/s/article/Bot-deployments-takes-longer-time/p>

Hi Chandu,

I think the link you pasted is incomplete. I tried to open it on multiple devices and it wouldn't work. Could you try again? Thanks!

Hi @Lauren Schwartz​ ,

Link is working fine for me, Pasting steps below,

1. As a workaround disable the  'Automatically detect proxy' from windows proxy settings with bot agent re-install.
  2. Please contact your IT to check the proxy server configuration or firewall configuration to fix this timeout.

image.pngThanks Chandu. For option 1, this didn't help the bot download dependencies. SOmetimes it worked with the option on, and sometimes it didn't and vice versa when I tried turning the setting off.

For option 2, I don't have IT. I'm a student trying to use the software for a class project. Automation Anywhere support instructed me to post my question here and wouldn't help me over the phone.

Looking at my "in progress activity" it looks like I have a bunch of bots still trying to run but can't download dependencies. Any suggestions? I can't delete the pending runs either.

image.png

Hi @Lauren Schwartz​ ,

Try restarting the Bot Agent Service and give a shot?