Solved

Database Connection Failure

• 15 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi I’m trying to connect to Database using Microsoft SQL Management studio, I’m getting following error 
How do I resolve this issue

icon

Best answer by ravi.pothana 18 September 2023, 16:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Aima Arif,

First of all, I just wanted to let you know that your server name is visible in the error message screenshot. Additionally, your Connection Action screenshot does not adequately scribble out your server name or password. I would suggest fully redacting the server name, username, and password for the utmost safety. I just wanted to let you know since it seems you were trying to redact that info.

Secondly, I am not super familiar with Microsoft SQL Server, but I found the following informative article that may give you a place to start looking: https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/java/getting-java-net-sockettimeoutexception-connection-timed-out-in-android.html#:~:text=The%20java.,server%20being%20down%20or%20overloaded.

Is this a personal database or is it managed by your company? If you are able to access the database ok normally, then I would think it is a firewall issue blocking the Automation Anywhere software.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Aima Arif,

Please ensure there is no firewall blocking the UDP connection on port 1434 between CR & SQL Server, additionally verify “SQL Server Browser” service is running on the SQL machine, this service provides instance and port information to incoming connection requests and by default this service start up type is “disabled”, change it to "Automatic" so the service starts automatically. 

Hope this helps!