Question

Automating Outlook unread emails- rename downloaded attachment file

• 14 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone,

I’m creating a bot to download the files from unread emails in outlook. I was able to assign the existing variables using the dictionary variable for email properties within the loop command, such as sender, subject, received date, etc..., but I was not able to assign a variable to the email attachment’s name. After assigning this variable, I will use the “Rename” action to rename the attachment file saved in the directory with the saved variables (emailReceivedDate, emailFrom, emailSubject).

Does anyone know how can I find the the email attachment’s name to assign to a variable?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Isis 4603 ,

It may not be the cleanest solution, but you could loop through the emails and save them to a directory. Later, loop through each file in the directory to retrieve the filename. Once you get the filenames, you can either keep those files or delete them.

Hope this will help.

Badge +1

Thank you, but I still don’t know how can I assign the emailReceivedDate+emailReceivedTime+emailFrom to the name of the downloaded file.

I was planning to map a variable to the downloaded file so I could assign the information from the email to the file’s name.

Thank you.

Badge +1

Did you ever have any luck in renaming the attachment? If so, how?