Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I’m creating a bot to download the files from unread emails in outlook. I was able to assign the existing variables using the dictionary variable for email properties within the loop command, such as sender, subject, received date, etc..., but I was not able to assign a variable to the email attachment’s name. After assigning this variable, I will use the “Rename” action to rename the attachment file saved in the directory with the saved variables (emailReceivedDate, emailFrom, emailSubject).

Does anyone know how can I find the the email attachment’s name to assign to a variable?

Hi @Isis 4603 ,

It may not be the cleanest solution, but you could loop through the emails and save them to a directory. Later, loop through each file in the directory to retrieve the filename. Once you get the filenames, you can either keep those files or delete them.

Hope this will help.

Thank you, but I still don’t know how can I assign the emailReceivedDate+emailReceivedTime+emailFrom to the name of the downloaded file.

I was planning to map a variable to the downloaded file so I could assign the information from the email to the file’s name.

Thank you.

Did you ever have any luck in renaming the attachment? If so, how?