Question

Auth Config Token claim is required in OAuth2 access token

• 23 October 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

As has happened to many, I am receiving the famous error "Cannot delete device, as it is part of an active bot deployment", which is why I have followed a series of steps from several posts published here to try to solve it.

But first, a little context:

When running my first bot, it took too long to run, so I decided to stop it.

The problem arose when I tried to run it again, which is why I got this error: “User is already running a bot on device”

So after reading several posts, I followed these steps:

• Restart the Bot Agent service. (The error persists)

• Uninstall the bot agent
  • Delete the file "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere\registration.properties"
  • Restart the machine.
  • Reinstall the latest version of Bot Agent as Administrator. (The error persistsRestart the machine. (The error persists)
  • Uninstall the bot agent
  • Delete residual files and folders
  • "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AutomationAnywhere"
  • C:\ProgramData\AutomationAnywhere
  • C:\Program Files\Automation Anywhere
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp
  • Restart the machine.
  • Reinstall the latest version of Bot Agent as Administrator. (The error persists)

So I decided to try to use the reset option through the API

The API authentication works fine for me and I can get the token in the first step

In the second step, the token obtained in X-Authorization is added

And in the body I add the id of the device that I want to reset

In this last step, it works for most and they manage to reset their devices, but in my case I get this error:

"message": "Auth Config Token claim is required in OAuth2 access token"

So I have no idea how to proceed to solve it since I can't find documentation or material to help me.

I ask for your support and collaboration to be able to solve this problem and to be able to use the tool and to keep a record for the next people who may have the same problem as me.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!