Skip to main content
Solved

AS2 Protocol and Automation Anywhere 360

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Good afternoon,

Just to be sure, AA360 has integrated the protocol AS2 ? or a package/bot whcih use it ?

I have been looking for but I am unable to find any news about AS2 and AA360, or how I could use it.

Thks.

No, we don’t use that protocol. What I found about it online is that it is a very old protocol, developed in the early part of this century. If I’m completely off base, please reply with what you know about it and maybe I can help you on the right track.

Hi,  to be honest I do not know when it was created, what I have from my customer is that it is a transfer protocol better than FTP / SFTP .

AS2 benefits:

• End-to-end file encryption
  • Validation of file integrity with successful transfer confirmation (non-repudiation)
  • Ability to send or retrieve files of any size or volume

They could be the same, but they want this protocols in order to receive the EDI’s...

That matches what I found. We don’t support that protocol.

It appears that AS2 is part of a group of protocols that are available.
https://www.goanywhere.com/blog/whats-the-difference-between-as2-as3-and-as4

If they have the client application, we may be able to automate it using regular functionality like Recorder: Capture, but direct connectivity at the time has not been built.

If you are an enterprise customer, you can request this functionality by sending a request to support@automationanywhere.com. This assumes AS2/3/4 are open protocols that are well documented.

Thks for your reply, I will scalate it and we will see.