Question

Accessing Interactive Forms Remotely

• 25 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi all.

I want to devise a mechanism that will allow users to fill up an interactive form. 

The bot is created by myself, and after the form is filled up and submitted by the remote user, there are some other steps the bot carries out. 

Optimally, the end user will run something that will bring up the form on their desktop. They will then fill up the fields and submit the form. That is all their work. The next steps are automated by the bot (bot takes in values, processes them, saves them in Google Sheets and carries out other operations - no human interaction required for these steps).

I therefore am wondering if there’s any way for me to only make the form visible to the end user as all they have to do is bring up the form and submit the form.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

(Please do not raise multiple threads for a single topic.)

Yes, Automation Co-Pilot (formerly AARI) can display a form and have a user fill it out. This requires the full Enterprise version of the software and is not possible with the Community Edition. This is because it requires a bot runner (and the associated license) or the ability to use API tasks.

You can also target an automation by calling the associated API calls from a server-side language such as PHP, e.g., you can create a form in PHP/HTML and send its results via API to a remote bot runner for execution. This also requires the Enterprise version of our software.