Question

Keystrokes can be the least favorite tool in bot development, because they often do not work very well. What are the biggest mistakes or issues when using keystrokes. I find that I have to use various delays with their use.

• 29 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Keystrokes can be the least favorite tool in bot development, because they often do not work very well. What are the biggest mistakes or issues when using keystrokes. I find that I have to use various delays with their use.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Todd Kelly​ ,

Totally agree with you there.

I mostly rely on the Capture/Object Cloning Action/Command as it relies on the Properties of the object that we want to interact with.

I can understand that there are situations where the Actions won't be able to properly interact with the object sometimes, and in those situations we might end up having to use Keystrokes.

The only way to make it robust(using the term very lightly) is by lengthening the delays in between each keystrokes and also between each Delay Action.

The keystrokes are blind - they don't look for the object before executing so the only thing we can do is lengthen the delays, and activate the windows/containers(yes this works too) that we want the Keys to travel to.

Kind Regards,

Ashwin A.K