Question

How to install Automation Anywhere plug -in for citrix In A360

Hi,

I am new to citrix automation

I need to install Automation anywhere plug-in for citrix how to install this plugin ​

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello @Pratiksha Pawar​ ,

This is Dhwanit Parekh from Automation Anywhere technical support team.

You can refer to below article for instructions.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/deployment-planning/cloud-installing-citrix-plugin.html/p>

Additionally I encourage you to explore all the relevant documentation for more idea about Citrix based automation.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/deployment-planning/cloud-citrix-new-approach-overview.html/p>

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dhwanit Parekh

Hi Dhwanit,

Can I install Automation anywhere plugin for community edition?is there any license cost for using it in enterprise A360​

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@Pratiksha Pawar​ ,

As long as any of the method documented above works for you for the installation of Automation Anywhere Plug-in for Citrix on Bot Agent machine, you can certainly do it.

Enterprise A360 license are not bound with command package or bot agent or any of the features. They are actually bound with bot creator or bot runner users, so no issues here in your scenario.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Is it mandatory have citrix storefront installed on citrix server or will it work with vdi in citrix

if we do not have ​citrix storefront

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hello @Pratiksha Pawar​ ,

Requirement of Citrix Storefront is for the use case where your end applications are published using Citrix and you want to automate them using Automation Anywhere solution.

The articles I shared above are for this use case particularly.

Use case of Citrix VDIs is, wherein your end applications are installed on VDI (not published through storefront) and then you want to automate them using Automation Anywhere solution.

This is a simple and most widely used approach (VDI or VM platform may differ) and as long as you have your applications (which are to be automated) available on VDIs, you can certainly use them.

For this use case,

1) Install an A360 Control Room application (Enterprise Edition) on a Server VM.

There are certain prerequisites for installation. Refer to below articles to understand

them before proceeding.

Enterprise A2019 On-Premises prerequisites

2) Once successfully installed, you will get access to A360 Control Room Web Portal.

3) Access Control Room web portal to build bots to automate your applications/use cases/processes.

4) Once you have a bot built, you can install A360 Bot Agent application (Client component of Control Room) on any of your Citrix VDI and execute your bot.

Installation of bot agent also requires some prerequisites to be fulfilled.

Refer to below articles to understand them before proceeding.

Bot agent compatibility

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Dhwanit Parekh