Question

Get Table is producing strange results

• 19 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello-

When I use the Get Table command for a table using the Recorder > Capture option in an application called Success Factors I get results that are not visible.  For example, If I have the below one record (my record) in the search results…

I see this one record on the Webpage:

However, the table returned to Automation Anywhere has a bunch of data for employees that are not visible on the webpage.  I realize that the webpage is probably suppressing these in the background but how do I only access the results that are visible?  Seems a little odd…..

Is there some type of property I am missing or can set to only see visible records?

6 replies

Badge +3

@Matt 7768  - Recorder > Capture → Get Table will give all records in the table. 

if you have any input / id to search specific record from table then use DataTable Filter Action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Matt 7768 ,

It seems to be a bit weird issue.

Try after changing the Object capturing technology within the capture action.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Matt 7768 

I’d recommend recapturing the element again, if this is not helping you as @Padmakumar said you can try different technologies and check which is working.

Checkout below documentation to know more,

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/aae-client/bot-creator/commands/capture-using-specific-technology.html

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @Pradeep Kintali , @Padmakumar , @ChanduMohammad -

Thank you for your insight.  I will work through these different options today and report back my results.  I very much appreciate the insight.  Thank you for taking the time to review my inquiry.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Welcome @Matt 7768 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So I was unable to get the table to behave properly.  However, I found a small results label that I was able to capture and then subsequently Split to identify if there was a result or not.  i.e……

Found 1 out of X users

Thanks so much for the suggestions.  I look forward to participating in this community more in the future, especially once I have a little bit more experience with the software.

@Pradeep Kintali - I will definitely use the DataTable Filter option in the future.  Thanks for this useful bit of information.