Bot Games Humanitarian Response Challenge Intro

• 11 December 2023
  • 38 replies
Bot Games Humanitarian Response Challenge Intro
Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Bot Games: Season of Giving Edition is here, and we're super excited to partner with United Way of the Bay Area to present you with the Humanitarian Response Challenge! For the last four weeks, many of you have learned the basics of automation in Automation Foundations Bot Camp, and now it's time to put your newly acquired knowledge to work!

Ready for the challenge? Watch the intro video above (or read the rules below) and check out the challenge page to get started!

Challenge Objective

United Way Bay Area has received a list of individuals in need of clothing that need to be added to their relief distribution database. Download the spreadsheet and enter every recipient's information into the web application. Once all 10 recipients' details have been entered, click 'Submit' to see the results. The results are displayed as a measure of the time taken to complete the challenge and the accuracy of the data entered.

Note for clarity’s sake: this challenge is a simulation, not real data or systems. It's for exercise and learning purposes only.

Rules

Beyond completing the challenge with 100% accuracy (which is obviously the core objective), the only rule for this challenge is that your automation has to download the file as a part of its execution.

Sharing Your Results

Once you complete the challenge, you’ll earn a certificate you can share here in the Community or on LinkedIn using the hashtag #BotGames, and tag 3 other Automation developers who you challenge to complete this exercise! Be sure to tag Automation Anywhere so our team can give you the kudos you deserve.

Conclusion

Have fun solving this challenge. See how your newly learned skill can help you solve problems at scale.

For every user who successfully completes this challenge, Automation Anywhere will donate to United Way Bay Area to support its efforts in providing immediate and long-term support for employment, housing, financial stability, and basic needs. So you are just not learning how to solve a challenge, but you are also supporting a cause—time to pat yourself on the back. Way to go!

If you tried it and are getting stuck, don't worry! We'll be back on Thursday, December 14th with a tutorial session where we'll demonstrate how to solve this challenge by building a full automation live with you on LinkedIn.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @arjun.meda ,

It is always giving me the end result as 62 correct out of 70 fields. I tried to do it manually as well where also got the same result. Any issue? I checked and verified that there is no issue with the data which I am entering.

Badge

Done.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Completed Humanitarian Response Challenge.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

You Can

Hi ​​​​​​Padmakumar,

As per the website Date of Birth filed will take only MM/dd/yyyy formate, But in download excel file giveing the Date of Birth formate as dd-MM-yyy, So you have to change the date formate… After that you can get 100% Accuracy...

Badge

Completed Humanitarian Response Challenge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You Can

Hi ​​​​​​Padmakumar,

As per the website Date of Birth filed will take only MM/dd/yyyy formate, But in download excel file giveing the Date of Birth formate as dd-MM-yyy, So you have to change the date formate… After that you can get 100% Accuracy...

Still not getting 100% result. Now the result reduced to 60 out of 70.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

After filling the one customer's details in webform pause the bot then manually verify with excel data….

To check which filed value BOT not putting correctly then change the BOT code accordingly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

After filling the one customer's details in webform pause the bot then manually verify with excel data….

To check which filed value BOT not putting correctly then change the BOT code accordingly. 

Thats the reason Y I did it manually too. Where also I got the same result. So, what I am missing here?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

do not download the excel file manually… download the file via BOT only...

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

do not download the excel file manually… download the file via BOT only...

I was talking about entering data to the form. I performed that manually just to check is there any issue with the data mapping via BOT or not. But I got the exact same result while doing so.

Badge

Hi @arjun.meda , 

I m unable to add after 6 Entries, the add button seems to be disabled. Is anyone else also facing similar issue?

Button not active

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

You Can

Hi ​​​​​​Padmakumar,

@Padmakumar Please check with this setting in your Excel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @arjun.meda , 

I m unable to add after 6 Entries, the add button seems to be disabled. Is anyone else also facing similar issue?

Button not active

Add button gets disabled only after clicking on it 10 times, can you please try manually just to check. May be in your looping, it is clicking multiple times in few iterations.

Badge +3

Badge

Badge

Completed Humanitarian Response Challenge!

Userlevel 1
Badge

And here you go !!!

Badge

Badge +4

Hi @arjun.meda ,

It is always giving me the end result as 62 correct out of 70 fields. I tried to do it manually as well where also got the same result. Any issue? I checked and verified that there is no issue with the data which I am entering.

I think DOB format needs to be changed while putting in website from excel.

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

This was a fun one

Badge

Completed challenge using Web Automation package 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

You Can

Hi ​​​​​​Padmakumar,

@Padmakumar Please check with this setting in your Excel.

Thanks @arjun.meda . The issue has been resolved after this suggested change. But can't understand why it was not working through Date format manipulation (from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy) through Bot itself.

Badge

Its seems that you may attaching already opened window of challenge. Try to open Challenge portal in separate browser, Remember After 10th iteration you have to submit the form

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Padmakumar You might want to check the date entered into the field in every iteration to find out the issue.

Badge