File Conversion package enables bot builders to quickly and easily convert files from one file format to another to simplify the process of making file adjustments. It consists of 11 actions and supports file formats such as JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, PDF, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, CSV, and HTML.
Here are a couple of use cases for which you can use this package:
- Emailing files to customers in a non-editable format for the purposes of a professional-looking output (Microsoft Word to PDF Conversion)
- Converting large, color images to their grayscale alternatives as color images can often be 10x the size of a grayscale image. (Image to Image conversion)
- Saving out presentations to be shared with customers or partners (Microsoft Powerpoint to PDF)
- Converting a file to make modifications more easily (CSV to Microsoft Excel)
- Breaking up multipage files into single-page files for processing in document recognition or storage solutions (PDF to Image, Image to Image)
NOTE: Converting files (especially complex data files like XSLX/CSV) is not always a perfect science. This package is consuming 3rd party open-source libraries in order to perform the provided conversions. Please make sure that your files are well tested before heavily relying on this package for production conversions. If you run into issues with a particular file not converting as expected, you're encouraged to take a look at the GitHub repo for this project in order to self-support/debug your issue or head over to the discussion forums.
This package enables you to convert files between multiple formats for ease of modification, the distribution/storage of read-only file formats, or for compatibility requirements of other dependent applications.
For more details about different actions in this package, refer to the Bot Store listing page, which also includes the link to a ReadMe file that details how all the actions in the package can be used.