After installing your bot agent and while trying to connect your bot agent with the Control Room (Community Edition), you may see an error 'Credentials are not set' as shown in the screenshot below.
This error will go away in a few seconds and you don’t need to do anything. You can just continue to connect the bot agent with Control Room and build a sample automation by following these steps:
- Click “Automation” from the main left-hand side toolbar
- Select the “+” sign above “Modified By” (upper right-hand corner of box)
- Click “Task Bot”
- Click the “Create & edit” button (upper right-hand side)
- On the left-hand side, a list of ‘actions’ will be displayed – scroll to “Message Box”
- To use the “Message Box” action- click, hold, and drag the action to the “Drag an action here…” box under “Start”
- To configure the “Message Box” action – in the right-hand side configuration box under “Enter the message to display,” enter “Hello World”
- Click “Run” in the upper right-hand side to run the bot
In case, if the error doesn’t go away, then please follow these steps:
- Click on Windows symbol on the bottom left side of your screen and type ‘cmd’ and select ‘Command Prompt’ - Open
Type whoami (without spaces in between) in the command prompt screen
Copy the response (in this case, copy the text dev-botstore\devbswsusr02)
Go back to the Control Room and click on Your Name on the bottom left side of your screen and then Click on My settings
Click on Devices
Click Edit button on the right side under Credentials section and paste the text copied from the Command prompt.
Click Save changes.
Now you are all set to build your sample automation.
Hope this solves your issue. Feel free to let us know in the comments section if you still face any issues.