The developer community asked for it, so here it comes! On April 15th at 12pm EDT/9am PDT/930pm IST we'll be doing a livestream of package development, where Developer Evangelist Micah Smith will be taking viewers through the process of creating their first package.
This tutorial will be a comprehensive guide to package development including:
- Starting with the Automation 360 Package SDK
- Customizing the build.gradle and package.template files and their impact on your package
- Using the locales JSON files for setting package, action, and configuration level values
- Understanding the different labels, names, icons, and descriptions that can be set for actions and their configuration files
- Writing a test class to validate your package code before compiling
- Compiling the package directly in the IntelliJ IDE
- Installing the custom package
- Validating the package in a bot
You won't want to miss this session. So that you can hit the ground running with Micah when the session starts, be sure to go through the Intro to Package Development: Machine Setup tutorial in the days leading up to the live stream so you can be sure your machine is set up properly in order to follow along. We'll have people joining the chat for Q&A should any questions come up during the session, but they wont be able to troubleshoot machine-specific issues, so be sure to follow the machine setup tutorial in advance.
Last but not least, be sure to register for the event so we have an idea of how many people will be joining us, and so that we can make sure everyone gets the proper live-stream URL when the event starts.