Question

Join datatable when i don't have a column name, but only column index

• 17 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to perform a join using 2 Data Tables. DataTable1 is retrieved from a webpage where the column names are not being retrieved so I only have the column indexes. 

I don’t know how to perform a join when the join action is asking for the column name only and there is no option to provide a column index instead. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ibtasaam 

Insert a dummy row as headers with Data Table: Insert row action.

HTH

Regards

Badge +1

Hi Raul , 

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am still not sure if this has worked to update the table column names. Let me share some screenshots to see if you can advise any further. 

But once I add this row into my data table as you described the Name doesn’t seem to apply to the relevant columns. 

As you can see the dummy row is present but still the columns only have index and no names.

Hope you can help further.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Raul , 

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am still not sure if this has worked to update the table column names. Let me share some screenshots to see if you can advise any further. 

But once I add this row into my data table as you described the Name doesn’t seem to apply to the relevant columns. 

As you can see the dummy row is present but still the columns only have index and no names.

Hope you can help further.

Thanks

I get it.  Let me check other approach.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@ibtasaam 

In the meanwhile, take a look in the follow bot form Bostore:

https://botstore.automationanywhere.com/bot/data-table-additional-functions

Regards