Solved

How to select distant multiple cells

• 6 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please Help me
This is a question about the action of selecting multiple rows of Excel cells in the A360 environment.

For example, select the following cells.
B1-D1 & B3-D3 & B5-D5

In V11.3, it could be executed in one line by executing the command as follows.
Excel:Go to cell "B1:D1,B3:D3,B5:D5".Session:BaseData1

However, even if you specify the same way, A360 will error as follows

There was a problem at line 115 This may be due to the following reason: You entered an invalid cell address ,B1:D1,B3:D3,B5:D5. To continue, edit the bot and fix the error. Then, try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact your system administrator.

Is it not possible to specify in one line with A360?

icon

Best answer by Padmakumar 6 January 2023, 08:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @User16632134574795110950 ,

I don’t think there is a straightforward approach in A360 for that. If I am not mistaken, you can only mention a single cell range at a time in the Go to Cell action. 

You can either repeat this step till you fulfill your requirement or can try using inline script like VB.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@User16632134574795110950 ,

Maybe you can test using the approach copying the data by range to another cells location or other sheet. 

I mean using several steps to join the data:

And then, slect the full range. It will be depending of your requirement.

HTH

Regards.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@User16632134574795110950 

Use the Select action to select cells, rows, or columns.

To select cells, rows, or columns do the following:

Procedure

1. Double-click or drag the Select cell, row, or column action from the Excel node in the Actions palette.
  2. Select an option from the Select list to specify whether you want to select a cell, row, or column.
    1. If you have selected the Cell option, select any of the following options:
      • Active cell: Enables you to select the active cell from the worksheet.
      • Specific cell: Enables you to select the cell you have specified in the field.
      • Cell range: Enables you to select all the cells in the range you have specified in the field.
      • All cells in the sheet: Enables you to select all the cells in the worksheet.
    2. If you have selected the Column option, select any of the following options:
      • Column of active cell: Selects the column of the current active cell in the worksheet.
      • Specific column: Enables you to select the column you have specified in the field.
      • Column range: Enables you to select all the columns in the range you have specified in the field.
    3. If you have selected the Row option, select any of the following options:
      • Row of active cell: Selects the row of the current active cell in the worksheet.
      • Specific row: Enables you to select the row you have specified in the field.
      • Row range: Enables you to select all the rows in the range you have specified in the field.
  3. Enter the name of the session used to open the workbook with the Open action.
  4. Click Save.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @User16632134574795110950 ,

I don’t think there is a straightforward approach in A360 for that. If I am not mistaken, you can only mention a single cell range at a time in the Go to Cell action. 

You can either repeat this step till you fulfill your requirement or can try using inline script like VB.

thank you for your reply.

That's true, isn't it?
Although it will be troublesome, 
I will try to repeat the process by selecting one row at a time.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@User16632134574795110950 ,

Maybe you can test using the approach copying the data by range to another cells location or other sheet. 

I mean using several steps to join the data:

And then, slect the full range. It will be depending of your requirement.

HTH

Regards.

thank you for your reply.

This is a proposal to deal with on the Excel side.
For this requirement, the materials have already been completed,
Unfortunately, we will not create another sheet because we have to deal with that.
Thank you very much for your example.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@User16632134574795110950

Use the Select action to select cells, rows, or columns.

To select cells, rows, or columns do the following:

Procedure

1. Double-click or drag the Select cell, row, or column action from the Excel node in the Actions palette.
  2. Select an option from the Select list to specify whether you want to select a cell, row, or column.
    1. If you have selected the Cell option, select any of the following options:
      • Active cell: Enables you to select the active cell from the worksheet.
      • Specific cell: Enables you to select the cell you have specified in the field.
      • Cell range: Enables you to select all the cells in the range you have specified in the field.
      • All cells in the sheet: Enables you to select all the cells in the worksheet.
    2. If you have selected the Column option, select any of the following options:
      • Column of active cell: Selects the column of the current active cell in the worksheet.
      • Specific column: Enables you to select the column you have specified in the field.
      • Column range: Enables you to select all the columns in the range you have specified in the field.
    3. If you have selected the Row option, select any of the following options:
      • Row of active cell: Selects the row of the current active cell in the worksheet.
      • Specific row: Enables you to select the row you have specified in the field.
      • Row range: Enables you to select all the rows in the range you have specified in the field.
  3. Enter the name of the session used to open the workbook with the Open action.
  4. Click Save.

I read the site manual carefully.
Although the selection method for continuous cells in one row was posted,
I asked the question because the selection method for multiple rows was not described.

Thank you very much.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

For example, for the table below:
If you edit the value part to a decimal point or a comma depending on the company you chose,
It would have been best if "E4-I4, E6-I6, E8-I8" could be selected in one line, but it seems that it is not possible with A360.

Badge +4

Use Excel Advanced Package.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I found a solution on the Excel side.
I was able to select a distant cell by performing the following key operation.

Ctrl+g
Input "E4-I4, E6-I6, E8-I8"
Enter

I also implemented a method to process one line at a time in a loop,
I was in trouble because the speed was slow, but I was able to solve it safely.
Thank you all.