Question

How to rename a device in A360 CR?

• 27 January 2022
  • 8 replies

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Sorry, I missed seeing the "Device Name". I believe, we can't change the device name. However, you can delete the device and re-create it with a new name

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Arvind Kotaru​ ,

Please find the below steps,

imageOnce you clicked the edit, you can find the below window

On the above "NickName", please update the new name and save it.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Ok, Thanks for sharing.

I hope this will work - deleting the user and device. To create the new user and assign an existing license.

Thank you @Tamil Arasu​. Yes, it is the device name that I want to change. Deleting and readding the device did not help either, already tried that.

After further research I think that it is not possible. The article states: You can edit only the nickname, description, device type, and screen resolution fields.

https://docs.automationanywhere.com/bundle/enterprise-v2019/page/enterprise-cloud/topics/control-room/devices/cloud-my-devices.html

Aah, didn't thinks of that, let me try

That helped, thank you @Tamil Arasu​ for the tip!!

EDIT: Sorry, I spoke too fast. Deleting the user + device did not help either. I discovered that the device name is coming from the system name itself, which I don't think is changeable.

Thank you for your help though, @Tamil Arasu​!!

MicrosoftTeams-image (2)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Ok,

For Window 10,

1. Select Start  > Settings  > System > About.
  2. Select Rename this PC.
  3. Enter a new name and select Next. You may be asked to sign in.
  4. Select Restart now or Restart later.

Thx @Tamil Arasu​ but that needs Admin privileges and a strong reasoning to convince IT to change it. I am not sure they will even agree to change after that. But thank you for the suggestion!