Solved

How can I paste many data into excel?

• 31 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

I want to paste information from one excel to another excel.

Data is on many rows and many columns.

How can I paste many data into excel?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by ChanduMohammad 31 December 2022, 07:46

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Gift.KP624 

Best way is to use excel as a database approach, checkout below tutorial for more info,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Gift.KP624 ,

Since the data is huge as you have mentioned, you can use the Database package or the Data Table package for the data management.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Gift.KP624  try this macro 

https://analysistabs.com/excel-vba/copy-data-from-one-worksheet-to-another/

Badge +2

Since your Source excel contains many Columns and Rows, it’s better to use Database, Data Table Package  To Achieve this Task faster and Accurate.

Step 1 : connect your Source Excel File to Database 

step 2 : query the Desired data in that Source file.(use Export to Data table Command).

Step 3 : Open Destination file, and Use Write to file Command to Insert the data Into Destination File 

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

When I use database, the data is paste only one cell in each row as below row in the picture.

How can I seperate data in seperate cell as above row in the picture.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

When I use database, the data is paste only one cell in each row as below row in the picture.

Thank you.

Looks like you are putting data from a CSV file and the data is getting pasted to a single column. This mainly because of your regional settings.

You can refer the below link and see if it is working out for you.

https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360044453711-How-to-open-CSV-files-with-the-correct-delimiter-separator

Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

Looks like you are putting data from a CSV file and the data is getting pasted to a single column. This mainly because of your regional settings.

https://support.affinity.co/hc/en-us/articles/360044453711-How-to-open-CSV-files-with-the-correct-delimiter-separator

Thank you for your suggestion.

I would like to ask is that possible to paste data from database on excel .xlsx not .csv?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone,

Thank you.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I would like to ask is that possible to paste data from database on excel .xlsx not .csv?

Actually, it is depending on which file you are trying to Insert the data. If it is an xlsx file, data will be pasting as its format.  

Badge +7

@Padmakumar 

When I use Write to File Action, it required extention .csv or .txt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Means, you are using the Data Table package. This will only deal with those two formats. You can try changing the Data Table with Database if you need the result in other than CSV format.

Else, follow the link which shared above to make changes to fix issue with the data pasting issue.

Badge +7

@Padmakumar 

How can I paste data that from database on excel .xlsx?

I try as below picture but it needs to paste on excel .csv